A round-up of what the media is saying about the Penn Relays today.
• Of course Villanova’s win in the men’s distance medley was a big deal with the local press, including the Philadelphia Inquirer.
• The Inquirer also recaps the thrilling win by the Upper Dublin boys in the high school DMR.
• Nick Vena — who had a monster 72′ 2-1/2″ throw in the boys shot put — gets a nice piece in the Star-Ledger.
• Speaking of throwers, local prep javelin star Brett Millars (Central Bucks East) is featured in the Inquirer.
• The Jamaica Gleaner reports on the phenomenal 4×400/4×800 double by the Edwin Allen girls relay teams. “Although my team was not the dominant one coming to the Championships, I was playing possum all along as I did not run my best team all season as I was waiting for the Penn Relays,” coach Michael Dyke said of his 4×8 squad.
Previously: Friday’s media coverage.