It’s been a busy day for jumpers and throwers. Here are some of the championship-division winners:
• Shara Proctor (Florida) won the long jump with a wind-aided leap 21 feet, 2 1/2 inches (6.46 meters). She also had a legal jump of 21-0 1/2 (6.41), the 10th best ever at the Relays. Results.
• NCAA Indoor champion Mariam Kevkhishvilli (Florida) won the shot put at 59-7 1/2 (18.17), third best ever at Penn. Results.
• Brittany Horne (Detroit Mercy) won the hammer throw at 186-8 (56.92 meters). Results.
• Karlee McQuillen (Penn State) won the javelin at 162-7 (49.57), with defending champion Meghan Briggs (Virgina) second at 157-3 (47.95). Results.
High School Girls
• Akela Jones (Springer Memorial, Barbados) won the high jump with a leap of 5-11 1/4 (1.81). That’s the second highest ever at Penn. Results.
• Allison Vanek of Wilson Area (Easton, PA) won the pole vault at 12-5 1/2 (3.80). That’s No. 7 all-time at the Relays and marks the fifth time in seven years that an Easton girl has won this event. Results.
• Chanice Porter (Manchester, Jamaica) won the long jump at 20-1 (6.12). Results.
• Rochelle Farquharson (St. Elizabeth Tech, Jamaica) won the triple jump for the second year in a row. Her winning leap: 41-2 1/2, wind-aided (12.56). Results.
• Laura Loht (Indian Valley, Lewiston, PA) won the javelin at 148-1 (45.16). Results.